Saturday 19 June 2010

Hammersville - before and after

Blimey - this knocking down walls business was much harder work than I thought and, of course, took three times longer too. But hip hip hooray, I huffed and I puffed and I knocked those walls down.

Had some help from the very lovely Marie and my gorgeous girl Ellie on the Sunday. Two extraordinarily young sparkies were sorting out the electrics and helped during the week whenever it got to a tricky bit that needed more muscle than I possess.
The offending partition walls .... it's a silly flimsy room built into the unit ...



Taken down the plasterboard and that horrid, itchy fibre glass stuff on the inside ...



And then - after several tip runs - there was lots of space - oh and a really ugly glass counter. Off to dismantle that today and clean up so that I can start planning the decoration. Needs the ceiling and floors sorting too. I feel like I've made a good start now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment